Tuesday 18 September 2012

Starry Eyed Surprise

Another of the Diva's challenges completed at the start of 2011. This one was not an easy one to do, and I'm not entirely satisfied with the outcome, but in the 18 months or so since then, I've not thought to redo it.

As I write, I've open up the Diva's post for this challenge and am enjoying listening to Paul Oakenfold's 'Starry Eyed Surprise'. It's an old favourite of mine, so makes me feel better. This Zentangle is an example of where I've come from, and reminds me of how far I've come since then.

So let's take a look at my rather rough work, and notice the lack of shading. Shading was something that scared me back then. Ok, I admit, it still scares me today, but I'm trying to overcome the fear...

Starry Eyed Surprise
Clockwise from top left: Gingham, Ninja Stars, Paradox,
Spinners, Frillee, Tipple, Demi and, in the centre, Facets
Is it leaving you 'starry-eyed'?

Happy Tangling...
Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment