Sunday 25 August 2013

Weekly Creative Roundup

I've put pen to paper recently and got back into tangling... First was my tribute to India on August 15th - Independence Day. Here I tried out a freehand Mandala, which I then coloured.


Next I drew this piece. I used two of my tangles, Dilmore and Panzi, and added a few of my faves Dugwud, Voga and Miasma. I like how it came out!

Laura's last challenge was to use your non-dominant hand - for me this means my left hand - to draw a monotangle of Bales. I enjoyed the process on this one. I took the opportunity to be mindful and focus on my breathing. I concentrated on one stroke at a time and I love the result. I think the wobbly lines add to it's charm!

Also over the last week I've been working on my first bigger piece. It took me a few days - but I got there in the end. 




Besides tangling, I've enjoyed taking photos when out on my walks with Coco recently. Here's a few snaps - you can see more on my Instagram account.

Look carefully at the bottom two pics - eye spy...

Stray pup

I've also been inspired to walk more - I've downloaded a pedometer app for my Android phone, called Accupedo. It's great. I can track my walking on a daily basis, and best of all - it's free from the Play Store. 

I've also been creative in the kitchen recently. I've made Chilla. 

It's like a pancake, except the batter is made from Besan (Chickpea flour), soaked and ground Yellow Moong Dal, water and a splash of oil. Throw in a few spices and some fresh coriander and you're done! I also added onion and tomato to mine, coz that's the way I like them. 

I also made my own coconut milk from a fresh coconut. It was really simple to do! Next I'll try making coconut chutney.

I look forward to more creative times in the near future.
Happy creating...
Claire

1 comment:

  1. You did some wonderful drawings Claire. The freehand mandala is quite impressive. Great that you did a large piece, it is so different to do.
    And the challnge tile is lovely!
    Oh, and the puppy is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete